Accidents happen to everyone whether they are young or old, rich or poor. Everyone needs to be protected from personal injuries. Even a car accident can ruin your whole life and can cause loss of income. A personal accident policy is an insurance product that provides financial protection to the policyholder against any losses arising from an accident.
If you are looking for the best individual personal accident insurance policy, you will get complete information about it in this article.
Why you need a Personal Accident Policy?
Personal accidents can be very costly and can lead to big losses. You may be traveling alone, with friends, family members, or work colleagues. In such cases, you might get hurt in a car accident, fall off a building, fall from stairs, or get mugged by a thief.
In this case, you will need to take care of all your expenses related to the accident. You will need to pay for the medical bills, hospitalization costs, and rehabilitation costs.
Also Read – Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
However, if you have a personal accident insurance policy, you will be covered for all these expenses. If you are injured in a car accident, the insurer will cover your treatment and will also help you to get compensation for the loss of wages.
According to National Crime Records, over 1.55 lakh lives were lost in road crashes across India in 2021 – an average of 426 daily or 18 every single hour.
This was the highest figure in one calendar year. Apart from road accidents, certain accidents also occur in homes due to falls from stairs, falls in bathroom, falls from roofs, etc. The accidents result in death or some serious injury.
For such conditions, there is a product called Individual Personal Accident Policy that is a very useful policy for each and every individual in India.
The main highlights of PERSONAL ACCIDENT POLICY:
- Total sum Insured payable to nominee in case of accidental death-whether road accident/air accident/train accident or home accident.
- Total sum insured payable in case of permanent total disability due to an accident.
- Partial payment of the sum insured due to permanent partial disability, like loss of any limbs, loss of eyesight, hearing loss, loss of speech, etc.
- Weekly compensation of Rupees five thousand to Rupees fifteen thousand up to 100 weeks in case of temporary total disability like fractures due to an accident and unable to attend the workplace. To compensate for this loss of income, there is a weekly amount reimbursed by the Insurance Company.
- Low annual premium, higher sum insured. The premium is not bound to increase due to an increase in age.
Any individual within the age band of 18-65 can buy this policy, sum insured starting from 25 lac to 5 crores at premiums starting from Rupees four thousand per annum approximately.
How to buy a Personal Accident Health Insurance Policy?
Buying this policy is an online process. Just share your basic details including your nature of work with us. You will receive the proposal and payment link on mail, just pay online and the policy is issued instantly. We are At Health Insurance Guider, We provide Hassle-free process to Buy Personal insurance Policy Online.
Best Plans to Buy Personal Insurance Policy?
HDFC Ergo offers Koti Suraksha policy that is the most economical and bestselling plan that offers all the benefits.
We personally feel and recommend to every Indian citizen between the age of 18 to 65 to have this policy for the sake of their family and loved ones.